1 large onion, finely chopped
5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 Rugani Carrots
1 celery stalk, chopped
100 g mushrooms
1 red pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tin whole peeled tomatoes
1 cup Rugani 100% Carrot Juice
½ cup ZZ2 100% Tomato Juice
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
2 cups cooked lentils
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh Italian parsley, chopped for garnish
1 packet spaghetti, cooked according to packet instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 150 ℃.
- In an ovenproof pot, fry the onions until translucent in one tbsp of the olive oil.
- Add the celery, carrots and red pepper
- Fry until golden brown.
- Add the whole peeled tomatoes, carrot juice and tomato juice.
- Place the pot in the oven and cook for 45 minutes or until the liquid has reduced to a thick sauce.
- Remove from oven add lentils, season with salt and pepper to taste and return to oven for another 15 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti according to recipe instructions just before the sauce is cooked.
- Serve immediately and top with fresh parsley for garnish.