Everyone enjoys a hearty spaghetti and this recipe is nothing less than that. Including a variety of veggies, itis a great dish to “trick” your kids into eating their veggies.
- Pre-heat oven to 150 ℃.
- In an ovenproof pot, fry the onions until translucent in one tbsp of the olive oil.
- Add the celery, carrots and red pepper
- Fry until golden brown.
- Add the whole peeled tomatoes, Rugani 100% Carrot Juice and tomato juice.
- Place the pot in the oven and cook for 45 minutes or until the liquid has reduced to a thick sauce.
- Remove from oven add lentils, season with salt and pepper to taste and return to oven for another 15 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti according to recipe instructions just before the sauce is cooked.
- Serve immediately and top with fresh parsley for garnish.