400 g yellow sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3 cm x 3 cm blocks
400 g white sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3 cm x 3 cm blocks
300g Rugani Fresh Carrots, peeled and cut into rounds
100 g dried apples
100 g cranberries
500 ml Rugani 100% Carrot Juice
50 ml honey
50 g brown sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
½ tsp black pepper
3 cups prunes
100 g fresh pomegranates to sprinkle on top
- Place cut sweet potatoes and carrots on the bottom of a large heavy-bottomed pot.
- Place the dried apples and cranberries on top.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Rugani 100% Carrot juice, honey, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and black pepper. Pour mixture over the fruits and vegetables in the pot.
- Heat the vegetables over medium-high heat until the liquid starts to simmer. Turn down to low heat, cover the potand let it simmer.
- Place the pitted prunes on top after 45 minutes of cooking. Place the lid back on the pot and cook for another 15 minutes over the lowest heat. Remove from the heat when the prunes are just softened otherwise they will disintegrate.
- Serve warm as a side dish.