2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 celery stalk, finely chopped
2 Rugani Carrots, sliced
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tsp ginger, finely grated
1 tsp salt
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground coriander
200 g ZZ2 Romanita Tomatoes
500 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small blocks
200 g red lentils
600 ml vegetable stock
750 ml Rugani Carrot and Turmeric Juice
Lemon juice to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh coriander to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pot.
- Add the onion, celery, carrot, and cook for 4-5 minutes over low heat or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for another minute.
- Add the spices and cook for another minute.
- Add the sweet potatoes, lentils, stock, juice, and stir.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and cook for a further 20-25 minutes.
- When the cooking time has elapsed blend three ladles in a blender until smooth and return to the pot. Stir through to thicken the soup slightly.
- Season to taste.
- Serve with freshly chopped coriander, toasted pumpkin seed, and toasted bread.