Malay foods have long been part of South Africa and this dish really incorporates those flavours to create a curry that will leave you licking your fingers.
- In a pot over low heat, add onions and olive oil and cook them until golden brown.
- Add fresh chopped tomato and carrots, and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, and all of the spices, and stir well.
- Add the chicken, potatoes, the Rugani 100% Turmeric infused Carrot Juice and chicken stock to the pot.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 45 – 60 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked and the potatoes are soft. Alternatively, you can place an ovenproof pot with the lid on in the oven for 1 hour at 180 ℃.
- When the chicken is soft you can mash some of the potatoes into the sauce and cooked uncovered for a few minutes, to thicken the sauce.
- Serve with basmati rice and naan bread, or rotis.