250 g mushrooms, sliced
250 g biltong
30 ml olive oil
2 onions (chopped)
3 garlic cloves (crushed and chopped)
1 beef stock cube/1 tsp powder
500g penne or large pasta tubes
Fresh Rugani Carrots, sliced
200 ml cream
Ground black pepper (to serve)
Flat-leaf parsley (chopped, to serve)
- Heat the olive oil in your potjie and fry the chopped onions until translucent.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and continue to fry until the mushrooms are soft.
- Mix the cube of beef stock with a little boiling water and add that to the garlic & muchrooms.
- Add the Rugani 100% Carrot Juice and the ZZ2 100% Romanita Tomato Juice to the potjie. Mix everything well.
- Add the pasta, biltong and baby potatoes. Stir everything well and cover the potjie with the lid. Let it simmer for about 5 minutes and then remove the lid.
- Continue cooking, checking every 5 minutes to ensure that it does not cook dry. If it does cook dry, add some more juice.
- Cook for 15 minutes, add the cream and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the sundried tomatoes.
- When the pasta is cooked the potjie is ready to serve.
- Top with ground black pepper and freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley.