By Simone Nel, Yellow Papaya for Rugani Juice.
Not only is this soup a beautiful pallet of deep-purples, whites, greens and yellows but it also makes an impressive and hearty winter treat. Enjoy both the visuals and flavours of this delicious warm dish.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C.
- Remove the tops and the roots of the beets and peel each one with a vegetable peeler.
- Cut the beets into quarters.
- Place the beetroots in a roasting tray and sprinkle with half of the olive oil.
- Roast beetroots for 40 minutes or until soft.
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil and fry the onion, celery, ginger, garlic and leeks together. Fry until golden brown.
- Add the cumin, salt and pepper and fry for another minute.
- Add the beetroot, vegetable stock and lime then cook until all the ingredients are soft.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and add the coconut milk and Rugani 100% Beetroot Juice Blend.
- Blend until smooth. If you prefer a thinner soup add more of the Rugani 100% Beetroot Juice Blend according to your preference. Adjust seasoning to liking.
- Garnish with coconut milk, sprouts and sesame seeds.