Vegetable or coconut oil for frying
500 g chicken breast or thigh, cubed
1 large onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
3 garlic cloves, microplaned
1 knob of ginger, microplaned
2-3 Tbsp (20-45 ml) Thai red curry paste
2 tins coconut milk
120 g pack of baby carrots, julienned
120 g pack of sugar snap peas
135g pack of baby corn
1 Tbsp (15 ml) fish sauce
½ Tbsp (15 ml) sugar
100 g vermicelli rice noodles
Fresh coriander, roughly chopped
3 limes cut into cheeks/wedges
1 spring onion, sliced 1 red chilli, sliced
- Add the oil to a large pot over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken on all sides then remove from the pot and set aside.
- Turn the heat down to medium, add another splash of oil and add the onions and peppers. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic and ginger and fry for a minute. Add the curry paste and fry, while stirring, for a further minute until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk and Rugani Carrot & Ginger Juice and stir well to combine. Add the carrots, peas, corn and chicken to the pot. Stir in the fish sauce and sugar then bring the pot to a boil. Once it has reached a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the rice noodles. Cover with a lid and let the noodles sit for 5 minutes to cook.
- Serve bowls of soup with a garnish of fresh coriander, spring onion, red chilli and a squeeze of fresh lime.