Rugani 100% Zobo infused Beetroot Juice Blend
Zobo, more commonly known as Hibiscus sabdariffa, is widely known for its beautiful pink flower. Originating from Africa, Zobo has travelled the globe and is now cultivated in many countries including Sudan, India, China, Thailand, Mexico, Egypt, Malaysia and Taiwan. It is used all over the world as an ornamental plant and consumed in many ways such as flavoured water infusions, marmalades, salad dressings, sauces and wines. Zobo belongs to the Malvaceae family and it has been used in traditional medicine to ease various ailments and prevent diseases.
What are the health benefits of Zobo?
Zobo is a source of natural antioxidants, which has proved to have many beneficial effects on human health. It is a good source of natural ascorbic acid (vitamin C), which is an essential dietary component and contains more than most fruit and vegetables.
In combination with beetroot, a superfood root, this juice blend is a booster in more ways than one.
Fresh beetroot is high in beta-carotene, a wonderful antioxidant that may prevent cancer, enhance immunity, restore vision, reduce muscle degeneration and contribute to brain, skin and lung health. Beetroot is rich in antioxidants such as carotenoids and vitamin C that enhances the blend’s total antioxidant capacity.
How it’s made?
Our extraction process is the first of its kind. Our unique agro-processing setup allows us to extract the juice close to where the fresh produce is grown. This also ensures 100% traceability of our fresh produce. The juice is extracted using our unique world-first extraction process that ruptures 95% of plant cells, making the nutrients more bio-available than eating raw vegetables. The juice is aseptically packed within a few hours of the produce being harvested, which preserves freshness and nutrient integrity.
How does the juice have a 12-month shelf-life?
The answer is simple, a very smart processing and packaging system. Our unique Rugani extraction process captures that remarkable freshness in aseptic, long-life packaging which acts like a time-casual. It can be stored, unopened, at ambient temperature for 12 months, which makes nutrition more convenient than ever before. When the protective seal is opened, the juice needs to be consumed within 3 days, as it is preservative-free.
Each 330ml and 750ml contains only the freshest vegetable and fruit extracts, not made from concentrate, not diluted with water, and has no added sugar.
Where can I buy the juice?
You can now also buy both our pack sizes, 330ml and 750ml, in cases of 10 on our Rugani Juice Online Shop.
- Aguirre-García, F., Yáñez-López, L., Armella, M.A. and Verde, J.R. (2019) Studies from Hibiscus sabdariffa (Hibiscus) Plant for Blood Cholesterol Levels Reduction. American Journal of Plant Sciences, 10, 497-511.
- Kekungu-u Puro, Chubasenla Aochen, Sandeep Ghatak, Samir Das, Rajkumari Sanjukta, Kamal Prasad Mahapatra, Anjani Kumar Jha, Ingudam Shakuntala, Arnab Sen. 2017. Studies on the therapeutic properties of Roselle (Hibiscus sabdariffa) calyx: A popular ingredient in the cuisine of North East India. International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition, 2(5): 01-06.
- Wootton-Beard, P.C., Ryan, L. 2011. A beetroot juice shot is a significant and convenient source of bioaccessible antioxidants. Journal of Functional Foods 3: 329-334.
- (Wootton-Beard & Ryan, 2011:330)
- (Wootton-Beard & Ryan, 2011:331)
- (Wootton-Beard & Ryan, 2011:333)
- Olsen, N. 2020. Benefits of beta carotene and how to get it. https://www.healthline.com/health/beta-carotene-benefits Date accessed: 20 Jul. 2020.
- (Olsen, 2020)
- Yerima, S.M., Saurabh, C., Ibrahim, B., Shahid, K.M., Harshita, J., Nitin, N., & Vikas, J. 2019. Hearbal detox extract formulation from seven wonderful natural herbs: garlic, ginger, honey, carrots, aloe vera, dates, & corn. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Development, 7(3): 22-30.
- (da Silva Dias, 2014:2149)