1 can chickpeas, drained
100 ml Rugani 100% Turmeric Infused Carrot Juice
3 tbsp chickpea flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp paprika
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend to a coarse texture. Don't blend to finely, you still need some texture to the mixture.
- If the mixture is to wet add more chickpea flour until you can form small balls.
- Form the mixture into small balls and flatten and place on a tray with baking paper.
- In a wide frying pan heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Fry the falafels in batches until golden brown and place them on a paper towel. Alternatively, for a healthier option, bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 °C until golden brown.
- Pack into lunchboxes with hummus, vegetables, and fruit