By Melissa Lainn, an Integrative Nutrition, Health and Wellness Coach
This Greek inspired dish will leave your heart happy and healthy! The meatballs are packed with flavours of rich tomato, aromatic fresh herbs & spices, and paired with a refreshing Mediterranean salad with heart-healthy ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ℃.
- Prepare the meatballs by adding all the meatball ingredients in a large mixing bowl and using your hands, mix until well combined.
- Roll into 12 equally sized balls. Place the meatballs on a baking dish and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for about 12-15 minutes. While the meatballs are cooking, prepare the salad.
- Halve the tomatoes, and peel and slice the cucumber into ¼-inch-thick rounds. Toss into a mixing bowl with the salt, red onion, mint leaves, walnuts, olive oil, and vinegar.
- Divide between two plates, add the desired number of meatballs to each plate and enjoy!