By Melissa Lainn, an Integrative Nutrition, Health and Wellness Coach
This play dough is super soft & coloured naturally coloured with veggie juice! Now you can rest assured that even if this playdough ends up in your little one’s mouth, it is perfectly safe and not harmful to their health.
- Mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar, water and oil in a medium size pot.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- The moment you see it begins to thicken, drop in your desired juice option while still stirring, and continue to cook until a dough has formed and it pulls away from the sides of the pot. The vegetable juice can also be kneaded in after the dough has formed, if you’d like, but it could stain your hands and countertops more easily.
- Remove from the heat and allow it to cool completely.
- Let the playdough cool completely before using, to give the pigments time to absorbed into the dough and there shouldn’t be a problem with colour transfer.
- Keep the dough soft by storing it in a sealed container or resealable bag.