By Melissa Lainn, an Integrative Nutrition, Health and Wellness Coach
Treat your loved ones with these scrumptious homemade crumpets, topped with raspberries. We’ve added a twist to this simple and classic homemade crumpet recipe. Colourful veggie juices enhance the taste and add natural colour. Perfect for a special breakfast or brunch!
- Whisk the eggs, then add the almond milk, lemon juice, Rugani juice and vanilla and whisk again until well blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and arrowroot/cornstarch.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, ¼ cup at a time, while continuously whisking. Once combined, gently fold in the almonds and half of the raspberries.
- Grease a large pan with the oil and place over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, pour the batter into the pan at the desired crumpet size.
- Cook the crumpets until bubbles appear, then flip. The crumpets should cook on each side for 2-3 minutes. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Top each pancake with remaining raspberries and enjoy!