50 ml of olive oil
½ tsp finely chopped garlic
1 onion finely chopped
1 red pepper, de-seeded and chopped
2 large carrots, peeled and grated
1/2 tsp finely chopped red chilli peppers
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 large tomato, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1 can baked beans
- In medium-sized saucepot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Fry the onions until translucent.
- Add the garlic and fry a minute. Add the red pepper and carrots and fry for another minute.
- Add all the spices and stir.
- Then add the ZZ2 tomato juice and whole tomatoes.
- Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes until fragrant, stirring often.
- When there are 10 minutes of cooking left, add the baked beans and stir through, cooking for the remainder of the cooking time.
- Serve warm as side with pap, or polenta.