For the skewers:
4 cups vegetables including onions, mushrooms, peppers, baby marrow, cherry tomatoes
8 Bamboo skewer sticks/metal skewers
For the Marinade:
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons honey
2 cloves garlic minced
1 teaspoon basil, parsley & oregano (each)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Wash and chop all veggies into 2 cm x 2 cm chunks.
- Combine all marinade ingredients in a large Ziplock bag or in a bowl with a reusable lid.
- Marinate overnight or for at least four hours before you plan to assemble the skewers.
- On the day of the braai, soak the bamboo skewer sticks in water for an hour to keep them from burning on the braai.
- Skewer the marinated vegetables onto the sticks, alternating between the different vegetables.
- Cook on medium heat coals for 20 minutes or until just tender.