700 g flour
400 ml Rugani Beetroot juice
½ tsp salt
½ tsp sugar
1 packet instant dry yeast
Spring onions, whole
Red onions, cut into quarters
- Pre-heat oven to 180 ℃.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Add the beetroot juice and mix until the dough comes together.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for 10 minutes.
- The dough will be quite wet but if it is too sticky, dust hands with flour.
- After kneading place the dough in an oiled bowl and cover with cling film.
- Leave in a warm area until the dough has doubled in size.
- Alternatively, leave in the fridge overnight ready to bake the next day.
- Form the dough into a round shape and place it on a piece of baking paper.
- Place the vegetables in the shape of flowers onto the focaccia.
- Sprinkle with salt and olive oil.
- Bake for approximately 25 min or until the dough starts to brown on the edges.
- Remove from oven, cool, slice and serve.