1 tablespoons olive oil
½ white onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
3 carrots, peeled, chopped
1 stem celery, chopped
½ tsp teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
¼ teaspoon paprika
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
1 cups buckwheat or lentils, rinsed until water runs clear
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup vegetable stock
1 can white beans
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh coriander, to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the carrots and celery and sauté until tender about 10-12 minutes.
- Add the spices and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, Rugani juice, diced tomatoes, and buckwheat/lentils and stir to combine.
- Simmer on low heat for 30-35 minutes until lentils are tender.
- Add the white beans and cook for 5 minutes to heat the beans.
- Serve soup with fresh coriander and bread.
- This soup freezes very well if you have leftovers.