By Simone Kruger, Yellow Papaya for Rugani Juice.
Why not create a burger with a tasty plant-based patty, adding colour and a new dimension of flavour to your meal.
- Pre-heat oven to 200 °C.
- In a frying pan heat the olive oil and cook the onion until translucent.
- Add the garlic and continue cooking for a minute.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the psyllium husk powder, oats, black beans, Rugani 100% Beetroot Juice Blend, beets, and spices.
- Mix until well incorporated and form into patties. Keep aside on a plate with baking paper.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into chip shapes and place them on a baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 30 minutes or until brown and crispy.
- For the spicy mayo mix the mayo, Cajun spice and lime. Keep aside.
- When the sweet potatoes are almost done start frying the burger patties in a frying pan on medium heat until crispy and brown.
- Assemble burgers by placing patties on the bottom, topping with lettuce, tomato and gherkin, and spicy mayo.
- Serve immediately with sweet potato fries.