1 1/2 tbsp oil
50 ml Rugani beetroot juice
200g sweet potato
240g chickpeas (drained)
1 tsp cumin
Salt and pepper
5 tbsp chickpea flour
1 lime, juiced
- Grate the beetroot and sweet potato with the skin on. Place in a mixing bowl.
- In a pan, toast cumin for a minute then add olive oil, beetroot, sweet potatoes. Cook until the vegetables are almost soft. Keep aside and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile make the avocado smash. Remove the skin and pip of the avocado. Place in a small bowl and add lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the drained chickpeas in bowl then add the beetroot and sweet potato and chickpea flour. Mix until just combined. Form small patty about 5 cm wide. Heat some oil in a pan and fry the fritters until they just start to turn crispy. Keep aside till ready to serve.
- Poach the eggs in batches and serve with fritters and avocado smash.
- Alternatively serve with some grilled cherry tomatoes on the vine.