By Simone Nel, Yellow Papaya for Rugani Juice.
These fritters are a great addition to a tasty snack, breakfast, or lunch. Made from nutrient-rich ingredients, it is ideal for getting kids to eat their beets.
- Grate the beetroot and sweet potato with the skin on. Place in a mixing bowl.
- In a pan, toast cumin for a minute then add olive oil, beetroot, sweet potatoes.
- Cook until the vegetables are almost soft. Keep aside and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile make the avocado smash. Remove the skin and pip of the avocado.
- Place in a small bowl and add lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the drained chickpeas in bowl then add the beetroot and sweet potato and chickpea flour. Mix until just combined.
- Form small patty about 5 cm wide.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the fritters until they just start to turn crispy. Keep aside till ready to serve.
- Poach the eggs in batches and serve with fritters and avocado smash. Alternatively serve with some grilled cherry tomatoes on the vine.