This recipe is a lovely, filling vegan dish, perfect for lunches, dinners and even to take with to work in a lunch box.
1/2 Cup / 110 g onions, chopped
½ cup / 110 g leeks, sliced
1 tsp garlic, minced
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 cup / 220 g risotto rice
1 cup / 250 ml vegetable stock
½ tsp black pepper, ground
2 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
1 small bunch kale, washed, dried well and stems removed
1 pack Fry’s Chicken Style Strips cooked according to package instructions
3 sprigs mint, extra for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 180 °C.
- Evenly coat the kale with half the olive oil & 1 tbsp nutritional yeast.
- Without overlapping the kale, place on a baking tray & bake until crispy (10-15 mins).
- Over medium heat, heat the Rugani 100% Carrot Juice & stock in a small saucepan.
- Using another saucepan, saute the onions & garlic over medium heat for 3-5 mins.
- Add the risotto rice and cook for another minute. Reduce the heat to low.
- Add ½ cup of juice-stock mixture and stir the risotto until mixed through.
- Leave the risotto to cook until all the liquid has evaporated and bubbles start to form. Add another ½ cup of juice-stock mixture, waiting again until the liquid has evaporated. Do this until all the juice-stock mixture is finished and the risotto is al dente (not soft just firm to the bite).
- While the risotto is cooking, make the mint oil by blending the mint and 1 tbsp of olive oil until the mint is finely blended. Keep aside until serving.
- Add the black pepper and 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast. Cook until creamy.
- In a pan, fry the Fry’s Chicken Style Strips in a little bit of oil for 6-8 mins.
- Serve the risotto warm, topped with the Fry’s Chicken Style Strips, crispy kale, and a drizzle of mint oil.