For the soup:
1 ½ cups of chopped onions
2 celery stalks chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
5 cups of carrots, grated
1 tsp dried coriander
1 ½ tsp cumin
2 tsp Curry powder
1tsp ground cinnamon
3 cups of Rugani 100% Turmeric infused Carrot Juice
½ cup vegetable stock
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
salt and pepper to taste
For the seed sprinkle:
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon honey
For the crispy carrots:
3 medium carrots
1 tsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
Method for the sprinkle:
- Place all the seeds in a pan and toast until they just turn golden brown.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the cinnamon and honey and place it on a baking paper-lined tray until they are dry.
- Break into pieces.
Method for the crispy carrots:
- Pre-heat oven to 150 ℃.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel all the carrots. Discard skins in your compost heap.
- Using the same vegetable peeler peel the carrot into strips until completely peeled.
- Place the carrot strips flat on a baking tray making sure not to overlap.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes or until they start browning and are crispy.
- Remove from the oven and cool. It can be stored for a week in an airtight container.
Method for the soup:
- While the carrots are drying fry the onions in a medium pot until translucent.
- Add the celery and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the spices and fry for another minute.
- Add the carrots and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the Rugani 100% Turmeric infused Carrot Juice and stock.
- Cook for 25 min. Add the soup to a blender add the fresh coriander and blend until smooth.
- Serve warm topped with the sprinkle and crispy carrots and optional crispy curry leaves.