By Melissa Lainn, an Integrative Nutrition, Health and Wellness Coach
Have fun with these colourful pancakes, coloured with plant-based pigments! The beetroot in these pancakes give them a wonderful earthy undertone, combined with the cinnamon, as well as vibrant colour.
- Melt the butter in a small skillet.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, juice, salt, vanilla, and oil/butter. Slowly whisk in the flour.
- Warm a skillet/pan over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray and pour a 1/4 cup of mixture into the center of the skillet. Ensure your crepes aren’t too thick!
- Once you’ve poured in the batter, immediately pick up the pan and tilt it around to let the batter fill the bottom of the pan evenly. Cook for about a minute and then flip it by gently lifting an edge of the crepe with a spatula.
- Enjoy with your favourite topping or filling.