50 ml cooking oil
1 cup onion, finely chopped
3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp cumin
2 Tbsp paprika
2 Tbsp fennel
1 Tbsp cinnamon
3-4 bay leaves
3 Tbsp dried mixed herbs
1.5-2 kg stewing lamb, fat trimmed off
½ cup tomato puree
2 cups tomatoes, chopped
1 cup dried apricots
1 cup beef stock
- Rub the meat with the seasoning and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot, then add the diced onion and sauté till cooked
- Add the garlic and continue to sauté
- Add the seasoned meat to the pot and allow it to brown for about 15 minutes.
- Once the meat has browned add the ZZ2 100% Romanita Tomato Juice, tomato puree, diced tomatoes and dried apricots. Top with the beef stock.
- Bring the stew to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Leave the stew to simmer for 2 hours on a low heat. Stirring often and topping up with water when required.
- Cook till soft and tender.