500g cake flour
20g caster sugar
4g instant yeast
30g corn flour
250ml 100% Rugani Juice (choose different variants for different colours)
20g vegetable oil
- Mix all ingredients together – knead well for 10mins using a mixer or 20mins by hand.
- Cover the dough with a wet towel or cling wrap. Leave to rest for 45mins or until doubled in size.
- Then, work out the air by kneading it for another 5mins. Get the kids to help you with this. You can also use a rolling pin to flatten the dough into a rectangular shape. Fold in half (length way). Roll into rectangular shape again.
- Start shaping it into the shapes and sizes of your choice.
- Cut paper straws in half at an angle to create a sharp edge. Insert the straws into the bun to create the “cake pop” look.
- Let your creations rest for another 30mins.
- Steam for 16mins.
- Switch off the heat, slide the lid open slightly and rest for 5mins.