By Kelly Francis, Registered Dietitian.
We all like a little comfort food, and as South Africans, a stew really does that for many. This recipe adds a little seaside to your hearty meal and spices it up with Malay flavours.
- Dice the onions.
- Add the oil to a medium-sized saucepan.
- Cook the onions on low heat, until soft.
- Chop the potatoes or butternut into cubes and add to the onions, cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the Pilchards and the beans, cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Mix the soup powder OR stock cube with the water.
- Add the stock mixture and the Rugani 100% Ginger infused Carrot Juice to the pot and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with black pepper or mixed herbs.