4 medium ripe bananas
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups rolled oats (ensure it’s gluten-free if you want to make a gluten-free version)
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Olive oil, for cooking
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed for a minute or until completely smooth.
- Add the coconut oil to a pan and place over medium heat. Once the pan is heated, add 1/3 cup of the batter to the griddle for each flapjack.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes until flapjacks slightly puff up and you see a few bubbles along the edges.
- Tip: You might have to increase or decrease the heat depending on how quickly the flapjacks are cooking, otherwise they will burn on the outside and remain uncooked inside.
- Turn the flapjacks over with a spatula and cook until golden brown on the underside.
- Serve with your favourite seasonal fruits, a dollop or two (or three) whipped cream and a drizzle of honey or syrup.